ANNUAL INSPECTIONS & APPROVED PAINT COLORS BY MCCORMICK
The purpose of the annual inspection each year is for homeowners to preserve, maintain, and enhance the exterior of their properties. The inspection usually occurs over the course of one week in early April.
Here are a few of the higher priority items the inspectors look for:
- Yard (mowing and trimming And weeding of landscape beds)
- Painting (any peeling or cracking of paint on trim, front door, back door, fascia trim rake trim along the roof line or shutters)
- Chimney caps (old and rusty that need to be painted or replaced)
- Siding (any mold or mildew that needs cleaning / power washing, or siding detaching and needs repair)
- Windows (any damage on the exterior, such as rotted wood on bay windows).
- Window screens - broken and missing
- Doors (storm door in good maintenance, front door not damaged or faded)
- Vents (dryer and gable vents attached and not damaged)
- Fences (in a maintained state, not leaning, no broken boards or popping nails, is the gate still intact and functioning)
- Shutters (are any missing, faded and need to be repainted)
- Gutters and downspouts (are all attached and in good maintenance)
- House numbers (is there a house number present, are all numbers attached) and painted numbers mount platee
- Stoop/sidewalk (damaged, or separating from the foundation)
- Light fixtures and post lights (attached and straight)
- Storage (outdoor items stored in front that should be out of view, or items being stored outside fence on the common area)
- Trash or recycling containers (in view on non-pickup days)
APPROVED PAINT COLORS BY MCCORMICK
||Shutters and Front Entry Doors
|101 Amber White *
||226 Carolina Slate
|118 Colonial White **
||225 Old Colonial Red
|108 Wheat ***
||220 Georgetown Green
||484 Kentuck Green
||202 Foxhall Green
||217 Farm House Red
Please note that ALL of these Shutter/Entry Door colors are available at McCormick. You may find that some paint colors are factory mixed and a few have to mixed on site by McCormick. Also note that while you can find these colors on line at the McCormick site, due to variations in your PC display adapters and monitors, the colors may not be true. If you have any questions about this please email Mary@unionmills.com
* Amber White - This could been used on trim on any VanMetre Townhome or Single Family Home.
** Colonial White - ALL trim on all BATAL homes must be this color. VanMetre and Single Family Homes also used this color.
*** Wheat - Van Metre and Single Family Homes.
Please note this list is not all inclusive and additional items may be cited if they are not in compliance with the Communities Architectural Guidelines.
Paint: Chipping, peeling, bubbling or fading of paint on trim, shutters, front doors and metal railings(rusted).
Miscellaneous Items: Public view storage of trash cans, recycling bins and miscellaneous items such as newspapers, garden tools, children’s toys, etc.
Repairs: Items in need of repair such as rotted wood trim; broken fences, gates or boards; missing or damaged shutters; etc.
Maintenance: Items in need of maintenance such as yard work, deck and fence stain, cleaning of steps as well as fences, decks, and single family mailboxes etc.
14526 Lee Road
Chantilly, Virginia 20151
Tel: (703) 631-6622
Fax: (703) 818-7342